Monday 8 December 2008

It's just like walking around with your zip undone....

then one year on you suddenly realise what you have been doing and ....... aaaaaagh! By chance today I happened to be looking at my blog on a monitor set to 1680 width and wondered why the images were all over the place. It looked like a right mess. But on my monitor all is well, so how come ........? Guess which complete idiot has been using a blogger stretch template without realising it, so that the width you see varies depending on the monitor you have?  On widescreens the images I have placed so carefully in MS Livewriter rearrange themselves with all the subtlety and poise of ferrets in an bag. For a whole year unwittingly I have been peddling visual gobbledigook to anyone whose monitor is not the same as mine.  Joy and bliss.

A thousand apologies if this applies to you. I have now switched to a non-stretch template and fixed the width at 1024, so the vast majority of viewers should have no problems. Time for a new pair of jeans......

No comments:

Post a Comment